Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Convertible

I have been noticing the convertible cars coming out of the garages and driving around town as the weather here has been very nice these last few days.  I got so caught up in yard work and being outside on Sunday that I forgot about going to the dance concert for which Anna and I had tickets.  (I've done that before, but 2 p.m. on Sunday is sometimes hard to remember when you're in the middle of something).

We weren't driving a convertible around because we do not have one.  But the convertible I want to talk about is my sewing room, which also serves as a guest bedroom.  I'm very excited to have my sister coming for a visit today (just in time for the weather to change to cloudy  and cooler tomorrow).  So, the sewing room has been converted.  I have a sewing cabinet that folds up and is on wheels.  The cutting table folds down and has wheels.  This makes it very easy to change the room. 

Here's the guest room.  No I did not make the quilt on the bed (It's a Target purchase from years ago when I wanted my daughter to have a warmer quilt and knew I wasn't going to get around to making it.  I also liked it for the holiday season).  The quilt on the end was finished by me.  My mom had some blocks she made in the 70's (or at least with 70's fabric) and I ended up piecing them and finishing it up. Oh, and that's an inflatable double high Aerobed which makes it easy to put away when the guests leave.

1 comment:

Terry Grant said...

So tidy! I have always thought I would like a bed that folds down from the wall in my sewing room, with my design wall on the outside of the folded up bed. Problem is I would have to create space for the bed to fold out into!