Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Wasting No Time

These last few days I have been finishing up the quilting on my latest piece. In this post I showed you some different ideas I had for doing the quilting lines. I decided to go with the circles. However, I have not done much free-motion work with big circles. (For those that don't know what free-motion quilting is, it is dropping the feed dogs on the machine and moving the fabric around to create the lines. It's like drawing with the needle. )

To help me with my circles, I decided to cut out some freezer paper circles that I could iron on to the fabric and use as a guide. You can see the cut-outs below and some of the stitching I have already done.

I finished the circles today and I just need to finish the edges and I will get a completed picture up here soon.

No comments: