Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Spring Green

Spring Green, 38-1/2"x31-3/4"
hand dyed fabrics,
machine pieced, fused appliqué, machine quilted
© 2010 Lisa Flowers Ross
$400


This piece is finally finished. My first piece for the year, even though it was started last year. I know some people like to hear about the artist's inspiration and intention for a piece. Although sometimes I think it is better not to know. Then, the the viewer can bring their own vision and experiences to the piece. But I am going to talk about my intention here. So if you don't want to be influenced on your impressions, read no further.

This piece was developed from an impression in my head of sunlight shining through new growth of spring leaves and grass. I decided to go with the circle stitching as, to me, that represented sun spots and also the energy of the new spring growth. As I was sewing on the circles, I realized that they reminded me of the growth rings of trees when they are cut. I thought that fit in perfectly and added another dimension.

No comments: