Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

How Entertaining!

This weekend, Anna and I are getting a large dose of some performing arts. On Thursday night we went to see Tap Kids at the Nampa Civic Center. I will never understand why they choose to put a family show on a school night and not have it start until 8 p.m. It takes us about a half on hour to drive over there. So it is fairly late for Anna by the time we get home.

Despite that, I still get the tickets. The show was different than I expected but very energetic and fun. You can get an idea of the show in this video. It made me want to tap my toes on the way out. I asked Anna if it made her feel like dancing and she said, no. But she did enjoy it.

The next night, Friday, we had tickets for the Boise High School Chamber Orchestra concert. If we bought the tickets early through her orchestra teacher at school, they were half price. So for $8, Anna and I got to enjoy some great music. It is was a benefit concert to help them raise money to perform in the Mt. Hood area sometime. They announced at the show that they would be donating a percentage of the ticket sales to help the Haitian people. That was nice.

We went to the show last year and I was impressed with how well they played. They also have guest artists come and play with them. I'm hoping to encourage Anna to keep playing her violin so that maybe one day she will be in the high school orchestra. Although they said they meet at 6:50 a.m. every morning. I'm not so sure Anna would be up for that.

Our last outing for the weekend will be tomorrow afternoon. We will see the Idaho Dance Theatre perform. It is basically the university troupe and I usually get season tickets for me and Anna. I always want to dance after that as well. I guess it is a good thing I found the Nia class, now I can dance every week.

No comments: