Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Mountain Biking

Saturday night, Frank decided to take a mountain bike ride in the foothills near our home. He came back telling me how great it was. Yesterday, I told him if he got my mountain bike down from the garage ceiling, I would try the trail he had ridden. I have not ridden my mountain bike in over five years. (I ride my cross bike around town).

It was so weird getting back on the mountain bike as the position is so different than my regular bike, which sits more upright. Anyway, I made it to the trail. I did walk up the steep part and walked down one little steep part as our friend had crashed on one of the very same trails and had to have 20 stitches in her chin. I certainly wasn't graceful, but I managed to get home in one piece.

The weather was very nice because it was cloudy the entire time and, once on the ridge, there was a slight breeze. The pictures below are from Frank's ride. I did see a sheep on my ride and tried to take a picture with my phone camera, but I could hardly see the screen. It was nice and I certainly need a lot more practice.

No comments: