Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Paper Beads

Do you ever wander around the internet and then wonder how you got somewhere? I do. One day I ended up at this site called Beads for Life. They sell beads that are made from paper by African women to help them support themselves. I think I might buy some.

Do you ever get so overwhelmed with all the things you need to do that you just go and start something you don't need to do? This week that is how I have been feeling. When I have had a little bit of time, I have been making paper beads. In the past, I have made paper beads. After going to the site above, I thought I would try it again.

Here are some of my beads. The woman bead was one I made several years ago from a craft book from the library. I just wanted to see how it would turn out. It is made from construction paper and took quite a bit of time to do. It is the only one I made. It is coated but the color has faded a little.

The others are made from magazine pages, specifically art magazine pages that I had saved to make envelopes with. But they ended up as beads instead. They have not been coated yet.

2 comments:

Sue Reno said...

I have a necklace from Beads for Life--it's very nice, and a good cause as well. Your beads look great!

Terry Grant said...

"Do you ever get so overwhelmed with all the things you need to do that you just go and start something you don't need to do?"
This made me laugh! I can so relate to this. My husband thinks it is my wierdest trait.