Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bits and Pieces

I am still working on what I am calling my Recycle series. Here is something I did today. Can you guess what it is I used? (answer at end of post).


This is some embroidery I am going to use in a different piece. I don't think I've ever really done embroidery like this (I really don't do embroidery at all), but this was what I thought I needed for my idea. It is done on a piece of old cotton/linen shirt that I tried to tea dye. I started with just a little bit of colored pencil on the tree before I started stitching. I guess I could have made it a little darker.


Answer: tape from a cassette tape. Yes, I still have a few cassette tapes and a tape player on which to play them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice work!

Arlene,
West Bremerton flowers