Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Cirque de Soleil

We have not gone south for the holiday weekend to Las Vegas. Home is where we are spending are time. However, we know the Cirque de Soleil performs in Las Vegas and we have seen one of their performances on TV (public television?). I always thought it would be awesome to see them.

Yesterday was our chance, as they had a traveling group of Cirque de Soleil come to our little city of Boise. I purchased very expensive tickets (probably not as expensive as Vegas) and we went to the performance yesterday. It was quite enjoyable and they did some amazing things. I don't think it was quite as extensive as it would be in Vegas.

I think most of the expense of the tickets when to the set up and the costumes. What I noticed was that they were great at the art of distraction. You would be watching something and not realize that they had brought something in or taken out some props (most of the time).

The other thing I notice was how meticulously everything was planned and practiced. You could tell every move was choreographed. It wasn't sold out because they are here for five days, which I think is a little much for Boise. They probably would do better with just three shows. It was fun.

We also managed to do a little more shuffling. Anna and I got her toy storage plastic bins cleaned out so we could move the dresser from the sewing room into her room and fill it with clothes. Toy storage is now in the garage pending a decision on what to do with it. Some plastic organizers that were holding some of Anna's clothes will probably get shuffled to the downstairs closet or garage. The shuffle continues and who knows how long it will take for the game to end.

Today we did a bit more planting in the yard as the weather is nice and cool. Tonight Anna is having a friend over to spend the night. Tomorrow will be grocery shopping and hopefully some work on art!

1 comment:

Terry Grant said...

I love Cirque de Soleil. Besides all the music and acrobatics and spectacle it is such a visual feast. Such imagination! They put up a tent here in Portland and I just love driving past it for the month or so every year that it is here. I saw one of their shows in Las Vegas and it was great too, but I loved the tent show here in Portland the best!