Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year

It's the beginning of a new year with a new start and so many possibilities! It's this time of the year when I feel like doing my "spring" cleaning and organizing. (Who wants to stay inside and clean in spring when the weather is starting to get warm and the plants are starting to bud and bloom?)

My task for today was to clean up the studio and make some room to tackle my scrapbooking which has been neglected for a very long time. Of course, the studio is a disaster area, half (or maybe less) is my stuff. The other half is Anna's. I had her working on it this morning until her friend called to play.

I put on a CD to help us along. Although I'm not sure how helpful it was. I never knew how many musical instruments there were in the studio. We found a cardboard wrapping tube to beat to the music. Jewelry findings in a jar make a great maraca and the top of a canning jar sounds good as a drum. You guessed it, we didn't get very far. And why should I clean while Anna's having all the fun?! Hopefully, we'll get back at it this afternoon and maybe discover some more musical instruments along the way.

Happy Birthday Sis!


_____________________________________

I just saw on the Craftzine.com blog that someone had made thank you notes by sewing a swatch of fabric to the card. Well, I'm with it as I just made some very similar. I did sew a couple but the other ones I just fused the fabric directly to the card and then stamped and drew in around it. Here are some of my examples:

1 comment:

Terry Grant said...

These are great and make me feel very lazy that I tend to send email "thank you's" I know my mother taught me better than that, so maybe I need to make a few cards myself!