Pages

Friday, January 25, 2008

More Snow and Some Art

It snowed a couple of inches last night. Yea! We haven't had this much snow in the valley over the winter for many years. It certainly makes the morning walk to school much more fun (especially when it is only 20 degrees). However, we did not see any wild animals this morning. (We saw a fox running down our street in the snow last night).


I must have 10 million pictures of snow. But I just can't help it. Everything looks so beautiful and different with the white stuff. Maybe someday they will inspire some artwork.


Yesterday was a big art lesson for Anna's class. I had them carve on those eraser-like material blocks. It was the first time we've done it in class. A few of the kids had done it before but I think the majority had not. Nobody cut themselves and they turned out very well.


I had them print one on fabric so I can sew them together and make a wall hanging for our school auction (although I'm going to have to re-print most of them to get a better print). Then, I also had them print on paper. The good thing about the safety-cut material was that they could carve a design on both sides of the block so they had two different designs. Then I said they could trade with others and put them together on the black paper. Some traded, some didn't. Overall, it went pretty well.

No comments: