Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Splurge

For Christmas Frank gave me one of the new Ipod Nanos. I also received some money. I thought I would go get a docking station with speakers for my new Ipod to put in my sewing room. I went to Target to look at the IHome. They had some other choices as well. Then I saw that there was a Bose docking station. Of course, they had it hooked up as a demo and you could hear it. I thought maybe I should splurge and get the really nice Bose one (as I want it to last forever even though I'm sure my Nano will be obsolete next year. But I'm hoping to use that Ipod forever, too.)



I didn't buy anything that day as Frank said I should look online and see if there were any deals on the Bose. I looked and B&H photography had free shipping for it (and I wouldn't had to have paid tax). But I think they were in N.Y. I decided I would just go back to Target to purchase it (and pay the tax). I hooked it up and it sounds great. Now I just have to put more CDs on my Ipod.

What was in the sewing room before was an old portable CD player that had lost one of its pads on the bottom so I had to prop it up to make it level. It also would skip on the songs or not even play the first one. I had to mess with it to get it to play. Attached to the portable CD player were two old compact speakers that needed a whack every now and then to get sound to come out or to get rid of the speaker "hum". So, I don't feel bad that I used all my Christmas money and bonus to get the docking system. I don't usually splurge on myself like that, but I think I deserve it once in a while.

1 comment:

Terry Grant said...

I got a Nano and speakers for Christmas too. Isn't it the most beautiful, delicate little thing? I love mine. I really feel like one of the big kids now!