Pages

Monday, January 14, 2008

Inverted

Yesterday there was an inversion here in Boise. That is when the cold air sinks into the valley and stays (since we are between two mountain ranges). It holds in the clouds and pollution until enough wind can come and push it out. In the valley it looks gray and is cold. But if you drive up to Bogus Basin, you are high enough to get above the inversion and it is sunny and warmer up top. We went nordic skiing and it was so nice to be outside in the snow and sun. I only got this one picture as my battery was low.


I had dropped my camera in the snow when I was getting it out. Hence there are snow spots. I tried to fix them in Photoshop but it was taking way too long. In the distance you can see the sea of clouds and the mountains popping out.

No comments: