Pages

Monday, May 28, 2007

Sugar High

Nothing I've done today really compares to the experience of going to Powell's Candy Shop. So I won't even tell you about it. We've been wanting to go see this shop for awhile. All Anna's friends had already been and were telling her about it. It is a small candy shop that has every kind of candy under the sun, including some "retro" ones. I thought it might be set up like an old fashioned candy shop, but it wasn't really. They did have a tin ceiling and retro things on the walls. It was kind of small and packed today! I took lots of pictures (quickly since there were so many people).



They had lots of sugary drinks, too.









Here is Frank and Anna outside getting their sugar rush!
Here's what I picked. It was expensive at $4.50, but part of the proceeds go to art education in New York or Washington D.C. And I got a little reproduction art photograph by 6 year old Connor.

No comments: