Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

I am having a nice, relaxing day. I hope all you moms out there are, too. This morning Anna gave me a lovely card she made.


After breakfast and reading the paper, we hopped on our bikes and rode downtown to Julia Davis park. We rented a pedal boat and pedaled around for about an hour. Anna loves these things and we don't do it that often.


We saw other mothers out enjoying the fine weather.


Then, we got back on our bikes and went to the bagel shop downtown for lunch. It used to be called River City Bagel Shop but to our surprise it is now called Alia's. The menu is the same but they added nice spots of hot pink and lime green outside with some flower boxes in the sitting area and added some splashes of color and more funky seating inside. Anna and I both had yummy broccoli cheese soup with a bagel. Frank had a breakfast bagel. Doesn't that blueberry french toast bagel, toasted with butter, look delicious?


After lunch, we rode over to The Record Exchange to exchange some CDs. I don't think they have many records, but mostly CDs and DVDs. Our CDs were so old and dated, they did not take many of them. But we did get a $10 credit. I found an used Putumayo CD combo that had Music from the Coffee Lands and Music from the Chocolate Lands. Too bad it didn't include chocolate! But when I opened it up at home, there was a bonus world samper CD in the box.

I really like the Putumayo series of CDs. They have lots of different ones and I have a few. A couple we have are the "playground" series they make for kids. Anna likes them, too.

I had Frank take a picture of Anna and me outside the store (seeing how it is Mother's day, I thought I should be in one picture). The outside was recently painted by a local artist. It is very cool. They used to have another mural on the walls, but I guess they decided it needed an update and this is what it is now.


Back on the bikes again to head home and up the big hill that always awaits us on our return trip. Yesterday the temperature got up to 90 degrees. The weather has been beautiful today: sunny, clear with a cool wind and only in the 70's. After we arrived home, I just sat outside in the sun and laid down on the hammock for an hour or two. It was so nice, I felt guilty about doing absolutely nothing. But there is a quote from someone that says something like, "The best time to do nothing is when there are lots of things to do." Besides, it is Mother's Day, a good time for a break.

No comments: