Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2007

I Could Do That

The past week and today I have been doing things that needed to be done or should be done. Today I just took a little bit of time to do something fun (meaning creating).

In the museum store, there are some pins for sale. The artist made them of felt and beads with some stitching. I thought, "I could do that." I say that to myself a lot. I think I am pretty good at looking at something and figuring out how it was made or can work out some way to get something very similiar. However, I think I am also getting wiser over the years. Sometimes I say "I could make that, but will I? Is it worth my time to try to make it or would it just be easier to buy it?" Sometimes I just say, "I could make that but I don't want to."

Anyway, I thought the pin would be pretty easy to do as I already had the stuff on hand. So I tried it. I just cut pieces free-hand and didn't really have anything particular in mind. I think it is kind of cute. If anyone knows the original artist (I guess I could find out at the store) I will list it here, because I am definitely copying their work, even though mine looks different. However, it is just for myself and I am not planning on making any to sell.


1 comment:

Jane LaFazio said...

I think you were just inspired by the artist. I bet yours is a different color and shape!