Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Greenbelt Series

I did it.  I made my deadline with two days to spare.  It's nice to have that done and be able to move onto something else.  This deadline has been utmost on my mind for about a month.  I made three new pieces to submit.

The three are the first in my Greenbelt series.  I do have ideas to create more, but for now I have a large piece that was in the works and needs to be finished.

Here is the first piece in the series.

N 0.0
hand dyed and commercial fabric, machine pieced and appliquéd, 
hand embroidery, machine stitching
24" x 20"
©2013 Lisa Flowers Ross
$395


The title comes from the Distance & Orientation Trail System (DOTS) on the greenbelt within Boise.  It is designed to help locate points of interest and aid in the event of an emergency.  Along the path on both sides of the river are painted white circles with a location.  Here is an example.


What this indicates is that you are on the south side of the river 2.4 miles east of the 8th Street pedestrian bridge.  Here is a link to a map of the Greenbelt and some of the DOTS system.

The artwork portrays some area near/at the location indicated by the title.

No comments: