Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Boise 150

For those of you who live here, you know that this year is Boise's Sesquicentennial.  Boise is 150 years old.  There are celebration events planned throughout the year.  One of those events is a Local Color juried exhibition that is being hosted by the Treasure Valley Artists' Alliance and will display artworks having some connection to Boise.

For several years, I have been thinking about creating a series of artworks that relate to the Boise Greenbelt.  I think the bicycle/pedestrian path along the river is part of what makes Boise so special.  Over the years on my cycling excursions on the Greenbelt, I have taken pictures in the hopes of using them to help me create a series.

This Local Color exhibition was the perfect inspiration to finally get started on my Greenbelt series.  I am creating the first three artworks in the series to be submitted for consideration.  The deadline is next week and I think I'm going to make it.  I'm working on the third piece right now.

Before starting, I decided on a size that I wanted all the artworks to be.  The process I've been using to create these is a bit more precise than how I usually work.  Since they are all to be the same size, I have drawn out my design on a piece of paper measured to be slightly larger than the finished size.  Then I can trace the shapes from the paper if I need a template.  It is more involved but seems to be working out o.k.

Here's an in process picture of workings of the third piece.

I will be sharing pictures of the final artworks after I get them photographed and probably after I meet the deadline.

1 comment:

Linda M said...

Can't wait to see it. I'm thinking there's a curvy bike trail involved.