Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Urban Landscape

Here is a piece that I made about a month or two ago for someone who requested it.  It is called Urban Landscape II.  It is very similar to a piece I made several years ago called Urban Landscape, which was sold.  That artwork was part of a series of four which also included Wilderness, Rural Landscape and Suburban Landscape.  Urban Landscape II now resides with the other three pieces in the series to make it complete.  I am happy they are all together in a good home.

Urban Landscape II 
machine pieced, fused appliqué,
hand embroidery, machine quilted
©2012 Lisa Flowers Ross
Sold

Here is a detail of the hand embroidery.


Urban Landscape
machine pieced, fused appliqué,
hand embroidery, machine quilted
©2009 Lisa Flowers Ross
Sold

I think this series was what started me stitching the hand embroidered "circle trees" motif, which I have used in some other pieces since then.  They will continue to show up in my artwork.  You can tell I was a little more optimistic in Urban Landscape II by adding a few more trees in the city.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the extra tress in Urban Landscape II.

flowersgal

Linda M said...

I agree with the above comment, those extra trees have really made a difference.