Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Little Recycling

Yesterday, I dropped off this little package at the Boise Art Museum for one of my co-workers' birthday (which was actually Thursday).


The wrapping is some recycled brown paper that came in a package.  I crumpled it up and then dragged an ink pad across the surface.  I made the fabric tie from little scraps of fabric.  I saw this idea here quite a while ago and have been meaning to try it.  This gave me the perfect excuse to do it.

I did mine a little differently, as I sewed it all by machine and I only sewed down one side of the strip.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

The gift is a piece of art even before it is opened and I'll be the inside has to do with art too.

Very creative. I'll definitely be borrowing this idea.

carin said...

That is really so attractive. What a great idea. I wouldn't want to open it!