Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Quilt Along With Melody


Color Blocks #1
hand dyed fabrics,
fused appliqué, machine quilted
12 x 12"
©2012 Lisa Flowers Ross


Since I am not doing a specific activity every day for the month of February, I decided to "Quilt Along with Melody".  I regularly enjoy Melody Johnson's blog.  This month she is sharing instructions for projects you can make right along with her.

The first project was a small art quilt made using her fusing technique.  Above is the piece I made.  It is very similar to some of the pieces I made in my Spring Blocks series years ago . . .

Spring Blocks #3
hand dyed fabrics,
fused appliqué, machine quilted
8 x 8"
©2007 Lisa Flowers Ross
In a Private Collection

 . . . as well as my small Blue and Green series.

Blue and Green #1
hand dyed and commercial fabrics,
fused appliqué, machine quilted
6 x 4"
©2007 Lisa Flowers Ross
In a Private Collection

I want to do some more in the Color Block series as I have cut pieces leftover from putting together the first one.  I will also have more pieces after quilting along with Melody's other projects.

1 comment:

kathleen probst said...

I am on the QAWM plan. Hope to post some progress soon. You inspire me to get it up on my blog.

Nice to see the other pieces with it.