Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Here's a little bit of pink and red to brighten your day.  This is another in my series, Bits & Pieces.  When I am working on a project, I will have bits and pieces of fabric leftover that I just leave out on my table.  Sometimes I will take the bits and pieces and start playing with them to create another artwork.

This has parts from my Summer Breeze piece and some of my Color Fields pieces.  This one was a struggle.  It has been cut and sewn, added to, disassembled, resewed, cut into, rearranged, sewed again and finally completed with hand stitching and quilting.

Bits & Pieces VI
hand dyed fabrics, hand stitching
machine pieced and quilted
16 x 15"
©2012 Lisa Flowers Ross
$125

2 comments:

kathleen probst said...

The stitching is what hits the homerun for me on this piece. The bits really do make the eye travel. I'm glad you didn't listen to me and Linda try to talk you into another fate for this!

Anonymous said...

All your reworking was worth it. It looks great.

flowersgal