Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Metamorphosis

At long last, it is time for another Twelve by Twelve reveal (click the link to check them out).  It is the beginning of a new series of challenges and new size.  This first theme was Metamorphosis.  So many things to think about for that theme.

Here are my play-along pieces.  I did two and I think I need to do one more.  My idea was the changing colors of leaves in the autumn.  The first piece is more the beginning of the change and the second piece is the more advanced changing of color, to the point of turning into brown.


 Leaf Metamorphosis
hand dyed fabrics, hand stitching,
machine pieced and quilted
20 x 12"
©2012 Lisa Flowers Ross

Leaf Metamorphosis 2
hand dyed fabrics, hand stitching
machine pieced and quilted
20 x 12"
©2012 Lisa Flowers Ross


4 comments:

Kristin L said...

I like. I think the first one shows more of a change, but the two together make a lovely diptych.

Diane Perin said...

Ooh! Lisa! These are both wonderful! (And I'm wondering why the leaf color change never even crossed my mind!) It's wonderful response. I too especially like that first one -- the green and orange and simple shapes work beautifully. I love that you play along with us.

Vicki Miller said...

These are so simply designed and yet full of meaning. I am a leaf fanatic, so I love them, and yes, a third one would just bring them together beautifully

Françoise said...

Both are so beautiful. I agree that making a third one would be wonderful.