Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sports Break

We are already a few days into August and autumn is just around the corner. Today I saw the Boise State football team outside practicing as I drove by a practice field. There is already talk in the newspaper of the BCS rankings.

My nephew, Ben, is a big sports fan. So while they were here, I suggested Frank take them to see the Boise State blue turf. Frank was able to take some time off and he did a good job as activities director (as I was trying to finish up some pieces for a deadline). One day they did go to BSU.

On campus, they were able to go onto the practice field. Ben threw a ball to see how far he could throw. I hear it was close to 50 yards. Pretty good for a pitcher, but I don't think the catcher would like it.

They checked out some nice trophies,

saw the blue turf,
and went to the bookstore. Good thing Ben was wearing the appropriate colored shirt.

No comments: