Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Few More

We took one day of our vacation to visit Greenport. I made the others go into a few galleries. This rug hooked piece was in one of them. There is something about wool rug hooked pieces that really appeal to me, although I don't own any. I thought this one was really nice. I forgot to record the artist's name.

We also took a visit to the black smith shop, which was open. I think it is a historic building. We watched a demonstration by the black smith. He make a hook and told us about some of the tools. Below is part of the manual drill press. I like the shape of the gears and old fashioned look of the words.

We also spent some time visiting some of the many wineries that are on the island. I like the lines that the vines create in the picture below.

Someone had created a beach sculpture from driftwood on one of the beaches we visited.



No comments: