Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

More Vacation Pix

One of my favorite things to do while at Mattituck is to go for a kayak ride early in the morning before too many people are out on the bay. Another favorite thing I like to do there is read books. I managed to read nine (on real paper, not on an e-reader) over the course of our vacation.

Frank and Ben did some fishing and caught some snapper. Frank cooked up a few for lunch, but the review was not overwhelmingly fantastic. Frank and Ben also managed to repair the row boat seat and set it on its maiden voyage for the year. Their snorkeling discovery was a puffer fish.


We all enjoyed sitting and chatting on the beach, swimming, floating, sailing, drag netting as well as several nights taking a walk down to the Magic Fountain ice cream shop.

They had many flavors, some of which were very unusual. Anna tried the lavender ice cream, as well as the sweet corn ice cream. I tried the kulfi ice cream which is based on an Indian dessert (as I was told) that has pistachio, cardamon and sweet cream (I think). I also tried a bite of the hazelnut biscotti, but didn't order any.

No comments: