Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Getting What You Wish For

Yesterday I was asked to come to the museum for a meeting about Art in the Park and the construction zone that we will need to work around. We were in Julia Davis Park looking at bright orange construction fencing and other assorted materials. After the meeting as we were heading back inside, I looked at one of the artworks that is hanging on the outside of the museum building near the back and saw a plastic baggie attached to the face of the piece.

My first reaction, based on over fifteen years of helping install artwork and handling it, was "What the heck is that on that piece of art? It shouldn't be there."   As I got closer I could read some words written on the baggie, "Free Art".

I removed the bag from the museum artwork (no harm was brought to either artwork in the making of this transaction) and kept my new Free Art. In the past, I had read about artists leaving artwork around to be found by anybody paying attention to their surroundings. And I thought, "I wish I could find some artwork like that." Now, my wish has come true!

Below is my complimentary artwork, a pencil drawing on paper done by local artist, Ben Wilson (his blog). Written on the back is Frack Attack, which I'm guessing is the title.  I think it's going in my studio.


Thanks Ben!

No comments: