Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Jumping In

It is suppose to hit 100 degrees here this week, so it is a good thing that they "officially" opened the Boise river for floating this past weekend. I'm sure many people jumped in their inner tubes and rafts to float the river. Ill bet some people were even brave enough to jump in the icy water.

This past week I got my sewing studio back in working order (transforming it back from the guest room) and jumped right in on starting my piece for the traffic box design. I pulled out lots of blue scraps to jump into my own "river". I'm afraid it hasn't been flowing as quickly as the Boise River.


The whole technical process is very interesting and a bit stressful, as I know that the design will be scanned and enlarged and any mistake will be magnified. The largest piece that they can scan is two feet by three feet. I did the math and figured out that to make it scale proportionally, I'll have to create a diptych, which I didn't really want to have to do. Each piece will be two feet by three feet and I am trying to work it so that my lines meet up on both sides of each piece. If I can do it and it doesn't get messed up in the scanning process, then the lines will look continuous all the way around the box. I'm not sure how successful I'll be matching the lines once I start doing the quilting, which will distort the fabric somewhat.  I'll just have to continue on and see.

No comments: