Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Gray Day

Today is another Twelve by Twelve reveal day of their color theme gray (or grey). I thought that was such an interesting and challenging color choice. I found it even more challenging to try to dye gray fabrics. It's hard to get a "true" gray, what we think of as gray. More often, I ended up with "grayed" down colors like blue-gray, red-gray, green-gray, etc. They are all handy to have.

I thought about what to do with this gray theme, but didn't think I would have time to get around to making a "play-along" piece this time. But Sunday night, I started and finished this piece, which is actually 12 x 12" for the first time, I think.


Cloudy Day
hand dyed fabrics, machine pieced and quilted
12 x 12"
© 2011 Lisa Flowers Ross


I liked how this turned out. It looks more blueish-gray, but the top and middle fabrics are more gray. The bottom fabric has the most color with some green in it as well. It represents a cloudy day with rain, and to me it seems very calming.

No comments: