Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saturday

Today is my birthday.  I spent the morning going to the Saturday Market.  I haven't been in a while and it was nice to see it expanded and spread out a little more so it didn't seem too crowded.  There were lots of beautiful flowers and lettuces, among other yummy looking things.



I thought this little girl below was so cute with her pink outfit and pink balloon trying out the "old fashioned" pay phone.

I thought the orange color in this vegetable was interesting.  I didn't get anything as I had some other errands to do and didn't think much would hold up in a warm car. 

I also made a trip to the quilt store, but only got some needles and a spool of thread.  So, I still have some birthday shopping to do (might be some books).

I came home to find Anna and Frank making me a birthday cake.  Woohoo! (There's a first time for everything.)  All week I had been trying to decide if I wanted to make myself a cake and, if so, what kind.  Now, I don't have to.  Spent some time outside on the hammock this afternoon.  We'll go out for dinner and have cake.  It's been a good day.

No comments: