Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Parts

I have been known to cut up a finished piece and put it back together. Or I have cut up a piece and never put it back together. But on Terry's blog, she cut little pieces out of a bigger piece to stand on their own. Something I had not done.

So, I thought I would try it. I had a piece I made in 2006 which I spent quite some time on. After it was finished, there was always something that wasn't quite right for me. While I was getting out another artwork, I found this piece again and decided to try Terry's idea.

I ended up with 10 very small pieces (some only a couple of inches wide).  I zigzagged the edges to finish them all. Now, I don't know what I want to do with them. I can just leave them as is or maybe sew each one to a larger background piece. I could put several together on a larger background piece (although they are all different sizes). Or I could put them all together in a montage on a big background piece. I could also mount them on canvas or mat board.

Below are three of the pieces. I don't even want to show you the original, it was so different from what I'm doing now.

2 comments:

Dolores Quilts said...

Great idea! I may have to try this. TFS

Terry Grant said...

Bravo! I especially like the last one.