Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sunny Day

Sunny Day
hand dyed, hand stamped and commercial fabrics
fused applique, machine quilted
9-5/8" x 13-1/4"
© 2011 Lisa Flowers Ross
$45
 
I was so happy to see the sun this morning.  Didn't realized how much I had missed it.  We've been having that rainy spring weather.  

Above is a piece that I dug out of the closet while I was trying to clean it out.  I can't remember why I made it.  I think it might have been because I had some fused fabric I wanted to use up, or maybe I made it for my demonstration at the gallery (I didn't bring it), or maybe it was just for fun to take a break from something else. I'm guessing it's a combination of the first and last reason.  Anyway, I had the outline quilting done and the grass.  I just needed to fill in the background, which, as you can see, I did.  

I was planning to put a binding edge on it, but I didn't have a backing fabric on it and didn't want to hand sew into the batting.  So I went for the couched cording around the edge.  I didn't have a backing fabric because I liked how the stitching on the back looked.  That white is the batting.

 

  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute. Looks like it belongs in a little girl's room. I like the back even better than the front.

flowersgal