Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

It's One of THOSE Projects

This is part of the "play-along" rusty piece I'm working on (no, there is no rusty color on this part). I had what I thought was a great idea, until I actually executed it.

That ruffly piece was some silky, crepe-like fabric I had leftover from another project. I cut a strip, folded it in half and sewed along one edge (you can see that part hanging off the end). Then, I pulled the thread so it would get more ruffly (is that a word?). I thought it would be a great texture for what I wanted. But, after sewing it in the seam like a piping, I didn't like it. I think it was because it was much smaller in width afterward and it make the seam line really bulky. Out came the stitches and the ruffle.

I still like the idea but not sure for what application it would be suited.

No comments: