Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday

It's almost the end of a very busy week here. Every night this week I have had a meeting or event to attend, except for one night. That was the day that Frank had to go to San Diego and he got back later in the evening. Anna also had school off yesterday and today.

This morning we got up early to go take down my artwork in Meridian. It seems like I just put it up not too long ago. It all came down pretty fast, as usual. Since the store we wanted to go to afterward wasn't open yet, we decided to stop by Krispy Kreme to waste some time.

Anna is ready for some doughnuts.

Doughnuts going through a waterfall of glaze. Yum!

After we finished our doughnuts, we headed over to Hobby Lobby and arrived just as they were opening. Perfect timing. We did a little craft shopping there and then went to Craft Warehouse to do a little more.

Here are a couple of the things I found. At Hobby Lobby, I found these cute little felt Christmas stars (yes, they already have tons of Christmas stuff out). They are stiff and I'm not sure what I will use them for just yet, but I'm sure I'll find some use for them.


At Craft Warehouse I found the little Scrabble tile pendant that says "Keep Calm and Carry On". (I've seen that phrase as a poster on line and I really like it.) These Scrabble tile pendants seem to be all the rage. Every time I've been in a thrift store and remembered, I've looked for an old Scrabble game so I could use the tiles to make my own pendants. But apparently Scrabble is not a game that you get rid of very often or everyone else already has the same idea. I haven't found any yet. So I just went ahead and bought this one. It might be a good reminder to have throughout the holidays. Anna got one with a cat.

1 comment:

BestOffer said...

This scrabble tile is really cute. I lovethe quote ;p