Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

First Thursday

One of my evening events this past week included First Thursday downtown. It was the 4Q Gallery's "grand opening". I made some chocolate truffles to take for the reception. Anna and I spent some time there along with some of the other artists. There were quite a few people there and I hope more showed up later. I wanted to take in some other galleries so we didn't stay too long.

One space in the 4Q gallery.

The Idaho School of Art and Craft was doing a metal work demonstration at the 4Q Gallery as well. Anna tries it out.

In the same building as the 4Q Gallery, also on the lower level, is the Gallery Alexa Rose (for now). That was our next stop on our First Thursday tour. There were several installations done by artist Star Moxley.

This one above was titled Red Sea.

Anna looks at another installation piece.

On the main level of the same building is the Idahostel which opened this summer. So far they have 12 beds available, with the possibility of future expansion. I guess to make it more interesting, they had some people come in to paint murals in their space. Anna and I went in to take a look.

I wanted to visit a few more places but the hostel was the last stop on our tour, besides picking up some dinner at Mongolian BBQ, because Anna was hungry.

No comments: