Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

On the Needles

Here are some pictures of what I have been knitting lately.  The above picture is a scarf using the same pattern I used to make a Christmas gift for a friend.  I really like how that one looked, so I started another one for myself.  Yes, right now this is actually something for me.

On a different set of needles (because I always have to have more than one thing going on at a time!) is another scarf, also for me.  I was in one of our local yarn shops, Fuzz, and saw an example of a scarf they had knitted.  I commented on it and the store owner said it was an easy pattern and she could show me how to do it.  I thought it had two yarns but it was only one yarn. 

On President's day I went to the shop with some needles and she showed me how to do this.  The example they made was in a brown color which made it look kind of vintage.  But they were out of that color.  I picked this color because it looks spring-like.

What should be on the needles are these two colors below.

These are the colors chosen for the Idaho Winter Special Olympics this year.  Last year the World Special Olympics were in Boise and they ask people to knit scarves for the athletes.  They received so many from all over the place, they also gave them out to the fans to show support.  Every kid in Anna's elementary school received one.

When they announced it in the paper two weekends ago, I thought I could make one, now that I know how to knit and it would be kind of a payback.  A few days later I went to the store to get the specific colors, Red Cherry and Grey Heather.  I had no problem finding the red, but all the stores I went to were out of the grey.  I called around and nobody had it.  JoAnn's said their store in Nampa had some, but I did not want to drive a half an hour each way to get it.  Anna said I could order it on the internet, but I did not want to pay shipping. 

Today while I was out, I stopped at one of the Boise JoAnn's and found they had restocked the grey.  Now, I need to get to work because they want the scarves delivered by March 9th.

No comments: