Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bid On

I have been a bit busy with two online classes and a community education class (more about those another day) but managed to get over to Flying M this week to look at all the artwork for auction.

I love this painted guitar. I don't know how to play the guitar, so I didn't bid on it.

Here is just part of one wall. They really squeeze them in.

There are also some three dimensional items in niches. Anna's cat is number 22. The bid was already up to $28 for it.

I think bidding closes on the 13th. That's when you need to be there if you really want something, because people will be waiting for the last minute, seconds, to make sure they get a piece. I bid on a pretty necklace, but since I won't be there for the last day, I'm sure I will not have the high bid.

There is also an exhibition at the Visual Arts Collective in conjunction with the auction. More pieces are there. I think they are for sale and a percentage of the sale goes to the Aids organization. I haven't been there yet to check it out.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Small world! I went to school with the owner of the Flying M cafe when I was an exchange student in Washington State in 1983!