Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Dress

Anna with her friend, Katarina

Throughout the school year, Anna's junior high has held about four dances so far. Friday night was the latest and was called "formal" at first and then changed to "semi-formal".

I don't recall having dances when I was in middle school. I think "formal" for junior high is a little too much. We don't need the kids to grow up any faster than they already are. But as you can see from the picture above, Anna still went in a fancy dress.

There is a story behind that dress. Months ago, we were just shopping for school clothes at Penney's and Anna saw that dress. You know why she liked it, don't you? The leopard print. She said that they would be having a formal dance sometime and she wanted to try it on. I wasn't really interested in getting her a dress, especially one with spaghetti straps and for the price it was. But eventually I said I would let her just try it on, hoping that it would not fit well. Well, she tried it on and she looked so adorable, what else could I do but get it for her?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Our Anna is growing up -- much too soon for most of us. She does look adorable and I like the fact that she likes things a bit out of the ordinary. Likely she has inherited some of her mother's artistic flair!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!!!!

- Aunt Mary

carin said...

She looks so grown up and so like her mom. She definitely has her own style. Like her mom, also!