Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Jane's Garden

Jane's Garden, 33-1/2"x20-3/4"
hand dyed fabrics,
fused applique and machine quilted
©2010 Lisa Flowers Ross
$300

I finished this piece a couple of weeks ago and haven't gotten around to showing it here yet. This piece is a bit unusual for me. First, it has no straight lines (not counting the quilting). Second, it has pink and purple in it. Thirdly, that background quilting is different. I titled it Jane's Garden, not because of my neighbor named Jane (sorry, neighbor) but for Jane Sassaman. I have her book and was looking at some of the techniques she described and which I used in this quilt. Below is a detail of some of the stitching.

And this was the thumbnail sketch that the quilt came from. It is literally thumbnail sized as you can see the dime next to it. It was a little difficult to scale it up so much, but it worked out.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

I love the texture that background quilting gives the piece!

Anonymous said...

Love the quilting on this piece. It adds so much interest without distracting from the flowers and stem.

Mom