Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

More?

I know, I know. Less is more and I really do believe that. But sometimes I just can't help myself! When I should have been home finishing up the gift quilt, I was out shopping today. I had to go out to get something for tonight and while I'm out, I like to do as much as I can. That included some shopping.

I had to stop (really I did) by the quilt store while I was out and about because I was looking for a fabric. Of course, they didn't really have what I was looking for. But they had a lot of what I was not looking for.

I couldn't resist. I purchased the two fabrics above. The one on the right is by Basicgrey called "figgy pudding" made for Moda. I really like the combination of colors. Normally, I don't care for pastels but the light blue in this really makes it lovely with the olive greens and just a few dots of taupe-y brown (I know you can't really see that in the photo).

The other fabric is from a different line but I thought it went nicely with the "figgy pudding". I think the lady that cut the fabric for me was surprised by how nicely they went together. Now, I do have a plan for this, albeit one that is probably far in the future. I thought it would make a lovely table runner(s) for our dining room for the winter (oh, I don't necessarily mean this winter). And some place mats, too, if there is enough fabric. I bought the last of it.

No, I really do not need more on my to-do list. But I think there is a primal urge in me to make things. That's why the list is never-ending.

No comments: