Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Gifts

Hope you all had a relaxing holiday yesterday. We did. While Frank and Anna were engrossed in the new electronics, I was reading a book and eating chocolate by the fire. Only thing that would have made it perfect would have been a little more white stuff outside (but then I would have been out playing in it and not reading).

Now it is safe for me to show you some of the gifts I made this year. The biggest was a quilt for my nephew, Ben (9 years old), who is big into baseball and any sport. My sister-in-law sent me some of his old baseball shirts from various teams and some Marlins fabric. I found some nice baseball fabric and some coordinating solids at Jo-Ann's. Below is how it turned out.

I didn't put batting in between but, instead, used a flannel sheet. The quilting lines are stitched in the ditch. I also outlined the letters, numbers and motifs on the shirts with free motion quilting. Not that you can really tell, but to give it some more stabilization.

Apparently, it was a big hit with him. I guess when the neighbors asked what he got for Christmas, he ran in the house and got the quilt to show them (not the new bike he received). Awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks amazing and Ben absolutely LOVES it! Wish you could have seen his face when he first saw it - priceless!