Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like . . .

. . winter! And Christmas, too. Yesterday we went out and got our fresh tree. Oh, it smells so, so lovely in our house. We managed to wrestle with some lights and weed out two strands that would not work, even after we replaced all the bulbs and the fuses. I think we will start transitioning to LED lights.

I've pulled out all the Christmas items but most of it is just in disarray right now. No ornaments on the tree yet and presents to finish making, wrapping, packing and shipping. Who knows when order will come?

This morning we awoke to the beautiful scene above. Usually I can stay inside and enjoy the view and not worry about driving in it. As Anna was getting ready for school (yes, they still had school even though Anna wanted me to check on the internet to make sure), I was checking my calendar for my weekly activities and realized that I had signed up to start a basic pilates class at the Y this morning, at 8 a.m.

It's days like this that make me love my car even more. The Suzuki Sidekick has 4 wheel drive and handles very well in the snow, which is great for our slanty driveway and steep neighborhood hills. If it does happen to slip and slide, it never goes very far because it is so light weight (comparatively, for a small SUV).

I had no problem getting to class, but one lady came in the middle of it because it took her an hour and twenty minutes to get there, due to slow traffic.

The picture below is obviously one of our artificial trees with the candy cane project the kids did at Anna's party. I'll have to buy some lights for this tree.

1 comment:

Terry Grant said...

Oh my! It is beautiful, but I now understand my niece who lives in Boise who posted this morning that she was dissappointed-- she *thought* Boise was supposed to be the banana belt of Idaho!