Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Receiving Rest

Today has been a busy day for me. It started off with a visit to the dentist to fix a cracked tooth (not my idea of fun). After that I continued to pull out the boxes with Christmas decorations. For some reason, the decorating is going very slowly this year. But going up and down the stairs many times to get/return boxes and find the right place for everything, I am just about done with the decorating.

Then it was back to school for a yearbook meeting with the kids. When that was done, it was running to the office supply store to get another memory card to replace one that has mysteriously gone missing from the school camera and then to the grocery store to pick up ingredients for muffins for tomorrow morning's choir party. After picking up Anna, it was more decorating, walking her friend back home, making dinner and making muffins.

After all that, it was time to sit down in the living room with the tree lights on, no noise, a magazine in the lap and enjoy reading an article. The article was about, in this season of giving, how are we about receiving. There were many ideas about our comfort and attitude about receiving. The article is in a wonderful magazine I subscribe to called Ode. And I realized I was open to receiving a little bit of rest at the end of a busy day.

No comments: