Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It's Done

This quilt is done. Another UFO finished. It is a quilt to be used. It has also been pieced for years and has been hiding in the closet. It is flannel and was a class I took at a local shop. I did not put batting in it since it is two layers of flannel and pretty big.

I started out trying to free motion quilt it. I did one tree and decided that that was not going to work. The seams are too bulky (the back is pieced with leftover flannel pieces) and it was not sliding around well. So I just stitched in the ditch and just enough to hold the front and back together. It is so large it fits on Anna's bed.

2008 is done as well. I'm not much in the reflective mood right now. Usually my review of the year seems to happen in the Christmas letter. It was a pretty good year (despite the economy). Tomorrow is a new day and a new year, a new slate to fill. See you next year!

No comments: