Pages

Friday, October 17, 2008

Something New

This week I have been spending some time working on collages. I really enjoy other people's collages but have not done many myself. Since I am currently on a "reuse/recycle" theme, I decided to do some collages with found papers. I like how others build up layers with papers, paint, stamps, etc. to create texture. That was what I was going for as well.

I've used all kinds of papers: pages torn from books (especially foreign language ones), sewing pattern paper, brown paper bags, leftover scrapbook paper, etc. The trees are stamps I carved.

I'm also going to try something new by offering these for sale. Someday I hope to have my own art web page, or an Etsy shop or just a blog with artwork for sale. But for now, I will just offer them here. The images are about 6" x 8" and they are sewn onto 9" x 12" Bristol paper. If you are interested in buying one, you can email me or leave a comment. I have a Paypal account and would also be willing to do a trade.

Peace Trees
$25
(plus $5 for shipping and handling)

There is a quote written throughout the background that says: "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." - John Muir



Light Nature
$25
(plus $5 for shipping and handling)

The quote throughout the background on this one says: "Come forth into the light of things. Let nature be your teacher." - William Wordsworth

I have a few more I'm working on as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like these! How about a girly one or a baseballish one for the kids?????? Mary