Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Milestone

This is my car, a Suzuki Sidekick with four doors. I have had this car for 17 years.


And just this year, I finally put on some bumper stickers. I got the vanity plate just so I could remember my license plate when someone asked.


A couple of days ago the odometer said this . . .

. . . and afterward, it said this. This is the first 100,000 miles.
After seventeen years, I think that is pretty good. I love my car. It is just the right size for me. It is dirty and messy and the seams are coming apart on the seats. But I don't have to worry about spilling anything, it already has stains. Anna has grown up in this car. It is pretty good in the snow. Not so good on the highway (too noisy).

It has had some work done on the engine. Last week I got new front brakes and rotors. I also need to take it in to check the shift lever or gear box or transmission. Once I see about that, I hope it lasts another five years or more. I was hoping it would last until I could replace it with a totally electric car. However, the car industry isn't cooperating and I'm not sure they will have a mainstream one by then. We'll just wait and see.

No comments: