Pages

Monday, August 4, 2008

My Current Project

What I/we have been working on this past week is starting the remodel of our downstairs bathroom. In the first two photos, you can see the lovely (read sarcasm here) wallpaper, carpet, globe lights and a bit of the crown molding.



Those are now gone. In the picture below you can see where the crown molding was. I managed to get all the wall paper and crown molding down by myself. However, it tore off some of the sheet rock.

This weekend Frank did all the patch work on the walls and we took out the carpet, sink and cabinet. Underneath the carpet was some gorgeous (more sarcasm) orange, 70's linoleum. We had talked about putting the new floor on top because of the possibility of asbestos. But as soon as I was elsewhere in the house, Frank started tearing up the linoleum. He was worried about the mildew we have found in places. I didn't get a picture of the lovely orange.

Tomorrow I plan to start sanding the walls, washing them and the mildew areas and hopefully put some Kilz primer on. Then on Thursday I would be able to do the primer for the clay plaster and maybe start the plaster.

No comments: