Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm Here

I apologize because I forgot to tell you all that I would be on vacation. I intended to, but got caught up in last minute packing (which is unusual for me).

We got home late last night after being up for about 24 hours. We have been in Europe for the last couple of weeks. Our flight was from Frankfurt and started off over an hour late. We missed the next connection but just caught the next flight from New York to Salt Lake and arrived just in time for our flight to Boise.

In New York we were running through the airport in our sock feet as we had made it through customs and security and didn't want to take the time to put on our shoes. We just made that flight. When we arrived in Salt Lake City we quickly walked to our next gate and I had time to use the bathroom and that was it before boarding.

The flight from Frankfurt was fine because we were in a newer 757 and each had our own video screen on the seat in front of us. We could watch movies and t.v. or play games or listen to music. I watched three movies.

The flight from New York was very enjoyable. Since they had to rebook us on that flight, we were in first class (although not all together). That was amazing. I could stretch my leg straight out and not even touch the seat in front of me. Also, you could lay down almost entirely. I think they were new seats. It was also beautiful watching the clouds at sunset. So the flights weren't too bad but the in between parts were a bit hectic and unnerving.

I will write more in future posts and show you lots of pictures. For now we have to get caught up with mail, get our bags that didn't make it with us and do laundry, go to the grocery store, etc. I've already cleaned the hamster cage because the ants found their way in to her food.

No comments: