Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Hot, Hot, Hot

It has been very hot here the last few days. What have we been doing in the heat? Thursday night we went to the Idaho Shakespeare Theater and saw Into the Woods. Fortunately, we were in the shade and it did cool down after the sun went down.

Friday was around 103 degrees. We didn't do much. Anna and I went to JoAnn's to get fabric I could dye. Then she wanted to go to the pet store to look at the animals. They had six kittens and two older cats (usually they only have one or two). We watched them for a while. When my nose started to run and eyes got itchy, it was time to leave.


Anna has been reading a new Warriors book and one of her old ones. Here she is looking cute in a new skirt she picked out (it's actually a skort).

Saturday, I spent the day outside dyeing fabric. I ran out of soda ash and fabric so didn't do as much as I could have. Here they are heating up in the sun.


Since it was so hot, I had to take a break and have a orange sherbert/fresca float. Really refreshing.
Here are the colors I ended up with.

No comments: