Pages

Friday, March 28, 2008

Another Spring Break day

Frank took today off and we had grand plans of bowling, going to the Discovery Center, going to the plumbing store and the pet store. We were successful at the plumbing store and Anna was happy because they had a 20 year old store cat who let us pet her. Then we went to the pet store and got stuck there because Anna saw a dwarf hamster she wanted to get. So we did, but then had to come home right away and get the cage ready for her. We think it is a girl, but the store guy didn't know for sure. Anyway, she is very cute and I will try to get a picture soon. The dwarf hamsters are much smaller than the regular ones. Her name is Clair - short for eclairage, which is french for lightening (if I could put that accent aigu on the first e). She runs very fast.

We did make it to the Discovery Center where it was packed with people. What were all those people doing there on Friday afternoon? Was there really that many people that didn't go anywhere for spring break like us? We did not go bowling because we were planning on using the university alley but they were working on the student union building and we didn't think it would be open.

Tonight Anna is spending the night at a friend's for her friend's birthday. It is a rare night Frank and I get to go out, have dinner and see a movie. We saw In Bruges, since we had just been to Bruges last summer. It was fun seeing and recognizing all the places in the movie. But I'm not so sure about the movie itself. Frank liked it. I didn't get it.

1 comment:

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi Lisa!
First and formost, thank you so much for the wonderful CYBER FYBER trade. I love it and especially admired the "recycled" envelope! That's great!

I've spent just a few moments on your blog. It is wonderful. My sons are older...but we went through the hamster phase and the trauma of pet losses. We finally bought a rat. Rats are suppose to live longer. I'm glad to hear you didn't fall for this and got the dwarf hamster instead. The rat was named Jacqueline. Later, we nicknamed her "Killer" because she bit. She grew enormously and we were all rather scared of her...She lived for YEARS.

I also found your post about the MFA program and your observance very thought provoking. I've always felt at a disadvantage due to my lack of any art training, and I've toyed with the idea of returning to school. Your words hit home in many ways.
Susan
PS My regular, day-to-day blog for my own art is http://artbysusanlenz.blogspot.com.
I've got an installation ready to display next month and am half in a panic over the academic reactions that aren't even formal but are just part of the community in which I exist.