Pages

Friday, February 1, 2008

Time Flies

Here it is February already. Where did January go? These past couple of weeks have been busy. I worked two days at the museum this week and the rest of the time I spent working on the school yearbook. I'm the yearbook coordinator for Anna's school this year. Some sixth graders are my staff but there is not much they can do except make decisions, take pictures and verify names. Everything is done on the computer (which I have at home). Way back in the 1980's when I worked on my high school and college yearbooks, we did things the old-fashioned way, on paper!

However, I have managed to get something else accomplished. This is the piece I made for the Valentine's for Aids auction that is held every year by our local coffee shop, Flying M. I think this is their 15th year and it is my 10th year for donating a piece. This piece was inspired by the Twelve by Twelve group with their theme of chocolate (perfect for Valentine's day). Go to the link and see all their different interpretations of chocolate. My piece is 18" square and is called Chocolate and Roses. I will be dropping it off at the coffee shop this weekend.

Anna also made a piece to donate to the auction last year and did another this year. Last year she made a small Sculpey cat (about 3" tall) and it sold for $40. This year she decided to make a necklace. She made the Sculpey heart and beads and added assorted other beads.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Its great to have you playing along! Will you be joining us for a 'community' quilt?

Diane Perin said...

How fun to have you playing along with us! Your chocolate box sure evokes that image!

Nikki said...

Love the chocolate quilt. Very appropriate for Valentine's Day. Each little square is its own treasure.

Terry Grant said...

Yours fits right in with the brown and red overall look of the 12 x 12 chocolate quilts! Very tasty!